- Junk foods literally means useless. It does not do any good to your body. It is high in sodium, calories and a lot of chemical ingredients to attract buyers with the artificial flavoring. Instead of buying junk foods for your snacks and break time, substitute it with nutritious fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce your sugar gradually in your hot or cold drinks until you don’t need it anymore. White sugar does not contain any vitamins or minerals, and brown sugar contains a very small amount of no nutritional importance. Sugar and honey are also fattening and can cause tooth decay.
- Give fruit or toys instead of giving candies and sweets to children as present or reward. Children as young associative learners will later associate harmful foods with good events. This might overshadow their thinking about the true value of a healthy and nutritious diet. As much as possible, practice a healthy lifestyle with the young ones.
- It is important to be careful of how much you eat. Know the intended number of servings of packed foods before eating. Some packed noodles can be small in packages but it sometimes prepared for two or more persons. Others fail to realize this and eat the whole pack of noodles making their calories and food intake double.
Health Tips of the day
- Eat more fish. White fish is low in fat and oily fish has high omega 3-fatty acids. Fish oil or the omega 3-fatty acids are unsaturated oil that cannot be found in other food sources. It will help the body combat cholesterol and will help maintain a healthy heart function.
- Omega 3-fatty acid is beneficial in getting rid of cholesterol but for those who do not like to eat oily fish can substitute Flaxseeds instead. It is a composed of Omega 3 fatty an acid which is available in different nutrition store. You can take this once a week as your food supplement.
- Be careful of what you buy in the grocery store, an attractive food package and expensive price does not necessarily mean that it is healthy. Famous product endorsers can also be very convincing but you should not believe everything you see and hear from them. It is best that you have your own knowledge of what is good for you.
- The most important thing to know about allergy is the allergen. Allergens are substances that trigger allergy which can be in the form of dust, pet’s hair, scents, pollen and smoke. Trace the pattern of your allergy. Sneezing after cleaning your house might mean that your allergens are dust.
- Do an elimination dieting if you suspect that you are allergic to foods. Do this gradually by eliminating each food you usually eat for a period of 2 to 4 weeks to see changes. The process will be repeated in an opposite manner by introducing again the eliminated food to see if allergic symptoms will be manifested.
- The best way to deal with food allergy is to avoid its triggering factor. Check food labels carefully for additives that can cause you allergic reactions. If you suspect that a specific additive can cause you the allergy, avoid those as much as you can. Consider fresh and unprocessed foods.
For more health tips stay here